Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 6 - Canada awaiting

After I posted last night's report, I changed clothes, put on motorcycle gear and went to the beach. The owner of the campground invited me to the bonfire at the beach and promissed some norwagian beer. He is from Norway and the rest of the people were talking funny. When all the elderly gone, the strongest ones stayed pretty late. I talk to much when I'm drunk, I don't think anybody understood me neither, they were just shaking like trees and nodding.

I got up at 7:30 this morning - about two hours late. I don't know about norwagian beer, but some kinda liquer made what it's suppose to do.

I had pak quick and go. Instead of preparing breakfast, I stopped by the largest fast food franchize in the world with big yellow letter M - forgor what it's called.

By the way, my camcorder broke on me. It did not just break, it had been iving me signs since last time I used it during the other trip. Finnaly, when I tried to power it up, it asked my to pull the tape and reinsert it. I did, but camcorder refused to close the carriage. I don't know, I tried to yell, spit on it, called it different bad words, but it is now in one of my bags, with open side access panel.

I stopped by nearest WALMART kinda store and picked up another one, the last one they ever had. Original price $199. It was on sale for $120. They did not have another one, but the one on display. OK, $20 more dollars off and now I have a new video camera, actually better one - this one does not block my instrunebt panel.

Before I post some pictures I want to mention. Not only I lost time in the morning, also during stops at the falls and lighthouse. I had to walk a lot for got shots and then...

...my bike was completelly stripped at the canadien border. You, go ahead imagine stripping it. I even asked the officers if I could just camp overthere since all the gear was off already.

So now, I'm in Thunder Bay, Ontario in a motel. There was no time to look for camp, which I could down further the road, but I need to stay here until replace my tire at a shop I already located.





























Then again...





...we talked about where I was going, and where from, and was I in any rush or not. Of couse not, was enjoing the view and followig the car at front. We both looked atmy GPS and decided to pick the average speed. I got a written warning now. Let's check the canadien speed limits of 90 km/h on most roads.





Bike parked by motel...



After chineese diner I got a cookie with three of these, check it out...



Good night, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Let me make one true:

    Amazing pictures! Especially the ones with the rock and lighthouse on it.

    I wonder who is making pictures of yours all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it coming Saken! Jeff Crane and I are getting a good laugh every day with your adventure.

    P.S. - hurry back, the B300 tunnel is falling apart :-)

    Steven Brown

    ReplyDelete