Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 5 - Finnaly reached Lake Superior

I don't know, I try toorganize the pictures to follow the ropute, but it does it again. Here we go. I took of at around 6AM and headed to Minnessota. I stopped at a coupleof dealerships to buy a spare rear tire. Actually, I had to go thropugh Minneapolis and purchase one there. $107 there versus $199 in Raleigh. You can see now, the bike got some more load.
I rode in to Wisconsin, but came back to ride the scenic trail along Mississipi river. Very nice ride, I even rode some unpaved and gravel - fun.

Real fun began about 20 miles before Lake Superior. I was going up WI-35 and all od the sudden I hit cold zone. I instantly got cold. I had to stop several times, first to put liner inside my summer gear, then change gloves to winter ones, the, finnaly I changed my summer riding gear to winter. Bad thing - I forgot the warm liner for the jacket. Damn it. I don't how cold it is now, but I'm trembling right now while typing.

Beer, vodka and brendy did not help. I don't think I'm taking shower tonight. I just want to crowl inside my 15 degree capable sleeping bag.

OK, I'm out. Enjoy the pictures.





























1 comment:

  1. How are you managing to carry all the stuff?

    ReplyDelete