Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 2 - St. Louis, MO traffic

OK, if the first day I put exactly 500 miles, the second day it was 525 miles. It was also 12-hour ride through back roads of Tennesee, Kentuky, Illinois and finnaly for the day - Missuri (if I spell it right).

First stop was in Downtown Nashville - the Pantheon.







Next stop was in Kentuky the place is called, The Land Between the Lakes



I had to stop for break and lunch at Welcome Center









Once I was in Illinois, I rode Lincoln Heritage Trail, which is known as Ill-3. It runs along Mississipi river.





I was running late and it was getting dark,so I pulled on throttle and was on the search for nearest Campground sign. Next thing was...





No, I did not get a ticket. I was asked if I was in any rush. I said that I need to reach campgrounf which is about an hour away. So the offiecer pointed me to the nearest one, wiich I did not chooose, since I needed a private one with showers, electricity and WiFi internet so I could update my blog. Well, he never even told me how fast I was going. Check it out...



I showed my GPS to the offier, we both had a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment