Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 1 - Lost in Great Smoky Mountains

Departure at 7:20 or something.
Last picture with Maya.



I don't know how many times I saw this sign. I missed a turn once, then turned around, andaccidently took wrong turn. I tried to match the surroundings with the map, but could not find right town or any other spot. Finnaly, I saw a woman jogging, I stopped. When I asked her where that town was, she said that she'd lived there for long time and has no clue what I'm talking about. She said I was on top some kinda mountain. Well, thanks to GPS, I tapped the town I needed and it took me there by road I liked - twisty backroad.









OK, I probably lost about an hour, may be one and a half looking for right way. Well, once I saw the place where I was about 5 weeks ago at the motorcycle rally, it started raining. Raining as shit. I stopped, put rain gear and covers on my side bags. I had to remove the camera and camcorder, but pit GPS into waterproof mapholder.

I arrived to Bean Pot Campground in Crossville, TN ay 19:30. OK, tn hour ride through the mountains. My riht wrist hurts from holding the throttle. My left one hurts too - from slap shots.

I'm now all settled, eating my dinner while typing this post. I'm gonna finish now, and go take a shower before bed, well - tent.






...and yes, I was pretty cool and dry despite all humidity, heat and rain.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. Are you alone there?

    Looking forward seeing new pictures.

    ReplyDelete